Benefits of HVAC SEO
Free TrafficYou’ll experience a push in website traffic when SEO is optimized and Google begins to see your website and business an authority in the area. What if I told you, in the Southern Maryland area, none of your competitors take advantage of a well-written blog that provides prospective customers with valuable information relation to their heating and air conditioning units? Or that no one is on YouTube building awareness? With an average cost of $10,000 a system, that’s an investment that they need to count on. If you don’t have the time, there’s pen pushers like us that can do the job for you (just kidding, we do way more than push pens. This shit isn’t easy!) If you do have the time, or know a friend or family member that will be willing to pitch in that can navigate the internet better than you, by all means, do it! It’s worth the investment. When the summer season is coming to a close and things start to slow down (assuming you were busy in the first place, if you weren’t, you may have to find another profession) there’s a lot of down time to reshape and redesign your entire marketing approach.
Generate LeadsThe beautiful thing about people searching around for your services and who eventually land on your page (because your the best company in the area and no one else deserves the visit!) is they are in search of something HVAC+R, plumbing, electrical or skilled trade related. With an organized and professional website powered by quality content and a clean, responsive website, that they get a great feeling from before they ever pick up the phone, you’re in a prime position to do something unique in your market. If you have a marketing budget already, and you’re not utilizing SEO services, the time to do so is NOW. When correctly implemented, they can organically (that means FREE) drive traffic to your business and bring awareness to your services and brand. The following is a list of 3 free tactics to utilize when you’re sitting around the shop waiting for the phone to start ringing.
1. Sign Up With Google My BusinessI say it all the time to clients and on our website, but Google My Business (GMB) is a vital social media channel that is JUST for a small business. The cost (free) makes it a valuable asset when considering the ROI for your marketing budget. GMB allows you to create a Google profile that lists your business on Google maps, and shows customers your reviews, promotions and photos all in one place. If you don’t have a website, that’s fine, but having a URL to show on your GMB profile is nothing short of professional and relevant in the new digital landscape. Many businesses are not using GMB, and you could make a faster search result from signing up now. The great thing is you can personalize it to attract new customers and to impress your current ones (word of mouth marketing comes in here). Get started with Google My Business today.
Ask For ReviewsAn easy and beneficial thing to also do for your Google business profile is ask past customers to leave you a review. If you have been in business for quite some time now, you probably have a lot of customers that are computer savvy and would love to leave you a thoughtful review (hopefully). Let’s look how to do that from both a PC and a mobile device:
- Sign in to your GMB account
- Choose your location
- In the left menu, choose “Home“
- In the “Get More Reviews” card, copy the short URL
- Send the URL to your customer
- Open the GMB mobile App (sign up and get it if you don’t have it!)
- Choose Customers > Reviews
- Choose the Share option
- Create a short name
- Copy the URL
- Send the URL to your customers